Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend at the campus of XLRI

This is the weekend spent on XLRI campus. It is a lovely place. We didn't have any projects or lectures to attend this time ... Got lots of time to explore the campus. I have not clicked any cliched snaps of The hostel, learning centre or the MDP, This is the campus from my view. 

I loved the houses they have for the profs. Lucky people. All greenery everywhere. and so quiet. 

 Sparkler for a plant?
 I felt as if they have all gotten up in the morning to greet us. I was out of bed at 530 have clicked these snaps at around 630. Sun rises early in the east and like last time, I got up to the sound of birds. Not as many as last time but it was a wonderful feeling never the less :)

 The white plant attracted me. I wish I could get some tips from the gardener of XLRI :)
 This is outside the library. The library is awesome. I barely spent some half an hour there this time.

 Such an amazing site na? I can't recall the name of the plant, but it had these amazing flowers that you see on the ground. A carpet of fallen flowers.
This tree is called the Mast Tree. I swear, Zoom and see the board. One lovely thing about XLRI is that it has these boards on almost all the trees, so that I didn't have to scratch my head, take snaps and then try to google the name.


 I love periwinkles. In my house too, I have mixed the white ones with the pink ones. Was so excited to see the same at the campus.

 Soooo lovely
 They seem like butterflies na?

I felt as if the plant is trying to give me a high five. :P 
 oooh, I wish every house had an entrance like this.
 Lovely birds at XL. Amongst the common sparrows, crows, pigeons and Mynah, 
I believe this is the bulbul. I heard it sing early morning. A wonderful experience.

 Another wonderful experience was cracking fallen leaves. Hihihi
 I liked how they have alternated the plants. It looks so lovely from a distance.


The butterfly again. :)  
I actually got tired of clicking snaps. I never believed that this day could come where I would get tired of exploring nature. I was overwhelmed with the variety of flowers. Too much for one walk. 
 This is the reason for the visit and the end of the journey. 
Thanks for being patient with the loading of images. Do share your feedback


3 comments:

  1. Seeing you in the gown reminded me of my own, not so long ago. Was delighted to catch a glimpse of the campus through your lenses, hope to go back there and walk the hallowed turf again some day. I miss it - in time, you will too!
    Amit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sunil. Nothing compared to what you will be uploading. Pls upload sooon.

    Ya Amit, Hallowed indeed. Missing it already :P

    ReplyDelete