Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Picnic at Alex Caisse Park

The mausam is awesome, We feel like we are staying on a hill station. The days are loooong and I really find it odd to see this dark blue colored sky when I go the bed.

My dear hubby and I decided to go on a picnic at the park right behind the house. I was googling to see the correct spelling of the park and found this nice aerial link which gives such a pretty view of the place where we stay and the park. Do you see the group of trees right behind the park? The building we stay in is under the mini forest - as I like to call it and simply love.

Though I wish I can spend some time in downtown Willimantic and click pics of some really pretty trees and amazing architecture, this post is about the park and the pretty stuff near us. Tulips are in bloom and I had never seen them until now.

Though I miss the calendar tree, (Pink beautiful flowers) Gulmohar and the yellow flowering trees of Mumbai, I got to see some beautiful white flowering tree in Willimantic.


 It is a beautiful scene from our window to see these flowering trees.

And there are many pretty flowering shrubs in the area. This one with pink flowers is at the bend of the road and looks so pretty. Sadly, my camera (or my photography skills) don't do any justice to its beauty

 This is one more shrub/plant I saw on the short walk to our picnic and a delight to look at. It is barely 2 inches above ground level but does make you stop and pay some attention to it.

We intended to have the picnic on sunday but we had to go shopping for Indian groceries and decided to post pone it to a weekday and add some thrill to our week.

I made veg burgers and Green tea and took along some chips and hummus(incase the burgers don't fill our tummy) and we sat under this stunning tree.
 

and shared this pretty view.

It is so nice to see that there are picnic tables at the park.

and this is the other side of the park. There is a Gazebo (that u can see in the aerial view as well.) and such a nice feeling to see the clean and ready to use parks. Hope I can get more picnics here.

So, there I am, with everything ready to eat.

We wanted to invite our new friends but we are the only vegetarians we know and .. well..hope we can do it one day. Hence the selfies.

 On our way back, we clicked a pic of the way to our home. I love the green around and make it a point to be out there more often. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment